The Advocate, Out Take Home GLAAD Award
BY Neal Broverman
March 18 2013 7:16 PM ET
The Advocate and its sister magazine, Out, were awarded the "Outstanding Magazine Overall Coverage" honor at the 24th annual GLAAD Awards, held Saturday in New York.
The Advocate and Out, published by Here Media, beat out New York, People, Seventeen, and The New Yorker to win the award.
"We're very excited about our sixth win at the GLAAD Media Awards," says Matthew Breen, The Advocate's editor in chief. "The award is acknowledgment of the depth and perspective that The Advocate can offer, especially due to our long history of reporting on the stories important to LGBT people." The Advocate was launched in 1967.
Out's editor in chief, Aaron Hicklin, also expressed appreciation: "I'm delighted that our hard work and dedication to the craft and principles of quality journalism has been acknowledged and vindicated by this prestigious award."
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 8:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM