The Advocate, Out Take Home GLAAD Award
BY Neal Broverman
March 18 2013 6:16 PM ET
The Advocate and its sister magazine, Out, were awarded the "Outstanding Magazine Overall Coverage" honor at the 24th annual GLAAD Awards, held Saturday in New York.
The Advocate and Out, published by Here Media, beat out New York, People, Seventeen, and The New Yorker to win the award.
"We're very excited about our sixth win at the GLAAD Media Awards," says Matthew Breen, The Advocate's editor in chief. "The award is acknowledgment of the depth and perspective that The Advocate can offer, especially due to our long history of reporting on the stories important to LGBT people." The Advocate was launched in 1967.
Out's editor in chief, Aaron Hicklin, also expressed appreciation: "I'm delighted that our hard work and dedication to the craft and principles of quality journalism has been acknowledged and vindicated by this prestigious award."
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- 10 Snarky Quotes That Will Make You Miss Michael Kors on Project Runway
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 33 min 38 sec ago
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 34 min 26 sec ago
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark December 11 2013 7:01 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker December 11 2013 6:45 PM