The Advocate, Out Take Home GLAAD Award
BY Neal Broverman
March 18 2013 6:16 PM ET
The Advocate and its sister magazine, Out, were awarded the "Outstanding Magazine Overall Coverage" honor at the 24th annual GLAAD Awards, held Saturday in New York.
The Advocate and Out, published by Here Media, beat out New York, People, Seventeen, and The New Yorker to win the award.
"We're very excited about our sixth win at the GLAAD Media Awards," says Matthew Breen, The Advocate's editor in chief. "The award is acknowledgment of the depth and perspective that The Advocate can offer, especially due to our long history of reporting on the stories important to LGBT people." The Advocate was launched in 1967.
Out's editor in chief, Aaron Hicklin, also expressed appreciation: "I'm delighted that our hard work and dedication to the craft and principles of quality journalism has been acknowledged and vindicated by this prestigious award."
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- Colo. School Board Member Denies Existence of Gay, Trans Identities
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 56 min 59 sec ago
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality December 07 2013 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations December 07 2013 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year December 07 2013 8:00 AM