PHOTOS: Red Carpet at Benefit for LGBT Homeless
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 04 2013 5:30 AM ET
With everything happening at the Supreme Court, you may have missed this celeb-studded event that raised more than $1 million to fight homelessness among LGBT youth.
The L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center hosted the big event in Beverly Hills on March 21, and out director Roland Emmerich presented the "Icon Award" to Amy Pascal of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Pascal made headlines when she called on Hollywood to eliminate gay slurs from film.
“How about next time, when any of us are reading a script and it says words like fag, or faggot – homo – dyke – take a pencil and just cross it out,” she said, according to Deadline.
On the following pages are photos from the event and its red carpet.
David Burtka, Darrel Cummings, and Neil Patrick Harris
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.