Super Bowl Sunday
BY Josh Kilmer-Purcell
January 29 2009 1:00 AM ET
Fashion Week parties. Halloween parties. White, Black,
Blue, Flaming Technicolor parties. There aren’t many
shindigs in the world that aren’t planned,
attended, or staffed by gay people. But come Super
Bowl Sunday, most of us (the gay guys, anyway) are
sequestered in our homes, oblivious to the rec-room
raves happening all around us. Why? Not because
we’re not invited (we’re invited to
everything). Because we can’t bear to be the
dumbest person in the room on any subject. And when
the subject is football, we’re often three bases
short of a slam dunk. So here are a few Super Bowl
talking points to get you up off your couch and into a
room full of sweaty, huggy, heterosexual men. (Just go easy
on the face paint. Even though you’re an
autumn, it’s customary to wear your
THE “SKIN” IN PIGSKIN
There have been
only two streakers in Super Bowl history, both occurring
at Super Bowl XXXVIII. One was a serial streaker from the
United Kingdom named Mark Roberts, and the other was
some chick dancing next to Justin Timberlake.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out