Secy. Clinton to Receive London Pride Award
May 05 2012 8:16 AM ET
Hillary Rodham Clinton will be honored with the World LGBT Award at the upcoming World Pride in London, this following the secretary of state’s speech on global gay and transgender rights before the United Nations in December.
Also receiving an award at the event in July is the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Intersex Association.
Via Pink News:
The award will be presented at the World Pride Gala Dinner, ‘Dine-with-Pride’, a black-tie fundraiser for Pride London.
The event is due to be held on Thursday 5 July 2012 at a five-star hotel in London, Mrs Clinton’s presence at the fundraiser is unconfirmed. World Pride will follow on 7 July.
The fundraiser will support Pride London’s newly created ‘Solidarity Fund’. This will support organisations in the Commonwealth that work with and for the LGBT community to tackle homophobia and transphobia. The evening will be attended by politicians, celebrities and leading figures from the LGBT community.
Read the full article here.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad