New Zach Wahls Video: My Two Moms
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2012 3:14 PM ET
Just in time for Mother's Day, In the Life Media released My Two Moms, a Web short video featuring Zack Wahls, the son of lesbian moms whose passionate speech to the Iowa House of Representatives in support of marriage equality went viral on YouTube, capturing the attention of the country.
In the video Wahls discusses his experience as a child of two moms, how he’s adjusting to life in the spotlight, and his new book, My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength and What Makes a Family.
“My hope for the book is to show people that this is just a portrait of another American family,” says Wahls, “that is just as valid as any other American family.”
The charming new film is the kick off to a few In the Life events with Wahls. He joins In the Life Media Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. Eastern for an hour-long online forum for LGBT parents and their children. Wahls will speak with Equality Florida executive director and mom Nadine Smith, Mombian editor Dana Rudolph, and Abbie Goldberg, assistant professor of psychology at Clark University and author of the book Lesbian and Gay Parents and Their Children. Because the forum is being held online, anyone can join in the discussion sharing comments, questions, or, as In the Life Media suggests, posting a special Mother’s Day message for your lesbian moms.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 1 hour 3 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 2 hours 3 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM