New Zach Wahls Video: My Two Moms
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2012 4:14 PM ET
Just in time for Mother's Day, In the Life Media released My Two Moms, a Web short video featuring Zack Wahls, the son of lesbian moms whose passionate speech to the Iowa House of Representatives in support of marriage equality went viral on YouTube, capturing the attention of the country.
In the video Wahls discusses his experience as a child of two moms, how he’s adjusting to life in the spotlight, and his new book, My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength and What Makes a Family.
“My hope for the book is to show people that this is just a portrait of another American family,” says Wahls, “that is just as valid as any other American family.”
The charming new film is the kick off to a few In the Life events with Wahls. He joins In the Life Media Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. Eastern for an hour-long online forum for LGBT parents and their children. Wahls will speak with Equality Florida executive director and mom Nadine Smith, Mombian editor Dana Rudolph, and Abbie Goldberg, assistant professor of psychology at Clark University and author of the book Lesbian and Gay Parents and Their Children. Because the forum is being held online, anyone can join in the discussion sharing comments, questions, or, as In the Life Media suggests, posting a special Mother’s Day message for your lesbian moms.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- Mixed Messages: Supreme Court Denies Review of 'Ex-Gay' Therapy Ban, Trans Inmate's Surgery