New Zach Wahls Video: My Two Moms
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2012 4:14 PM ET
Just in time for Mother's Day, In the Life Media released My Two Moms, a Web short video featuring Zack Wahls, the son of lesbian moms whose passionate speech to the Iowa House of Representatives in support of marriage equality went viral on YouTube, capturing the attention of the country.
In the video Wahls discusses his experience as a child of two moms, how he’s adjusting to life in the spotlight, and his new book, My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength and What Makes a Family.
“My hope for the book is to show people that this is just a portrait of another American family,” says Wahls, “that is just as valid as any other American family.”
The charming new film is the kick off to a few In the Life events with Wahls. He joins In the Life Media Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. Eastern for an hour-long online forum for LGBT parents and their children. Wahls will speak with Equality Florida executive director and mom Nadine Smith, Mombian editor Dana Rudolph, and Abbie Goldberg, assistant professor of psychology at Clark University and author of the book Lesbian and Gay Parents and Their Children. Because the forum is being held online, anyone can join in the discussion sharing comments, questions, or, as In the Life Media suggests, posting a special Mother’s Day message for your lesbian moms.
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books March 09 2014 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah March 09 2014 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions March 09 2014 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open March 09 2014 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play March 09 2014 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' March 09 2014 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM