New Zach Wahls Video: My Two Moms
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
May 13 2012 4:14 PM ET
Just in time for Mother's Day, In the Life Media released My Two Moms, a Web short video featuring Zack Wahls, the son of lesbian moms whose passionate speech to the Iowa House of Representatives in support of marriage equality went viral on YouTube, capturing the attention of the country.
In the video Wahls discusses his experience as a child of two moms, how he’s adjusting to life in the spotlight, and his new book, My Two Moms: Lessons of Love, Strength and What Makes a Family.
“My hope for the book is to show people that this is just a portrait of another American family,” says Wahls, “that is just as valid as any other American family.”
The charming new film is the kick off to a few In the Life events with Wahls. He joins In the Life Media Wednesday at 2:30 p.m. Eastern for an hour-long online forum for LGBT parents and their children. Wahls will speak with Equality Florida executive director and mom Nadine Smith, Mombian editor Dana Rudolph, and Abbie Goldberg, assistant professor of psychology at Clark University and author of the book Lesbian and Gay Parents and Their Children. Because the forum is being held online, anyone can join in the discussion sharing comments, questions, or, as In the Life Media suggests, posting a special Mother’s Day message for your lesbian moms.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 38 min 17 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM