Help Honor the LGBT Class of 2008
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 01 2008 12:00 AM ET
Project: Outstanding LGBT Graduates
What it is:The Advocate is currently accepting nominations
for outstanding LGBT graduates who are creating
postgraduate projects and organizations designed to
benefit LGBT people.
Who we'll select: The magazine is looking for
young people who are using new ways of thinking about LGBT
issues to create innovative approaches to activism
and/or philanthropy. They can be starting an
organization, running for office, launching an awareness
campaign, or something completely different.
What we'll do with it:The Advocate’s Pride issue will present the
finalists and their projects. The feature will become an
annual event in our Pride issue.
How to Apply: Anyone can nominate a student who
is about to graduate high school, college, or
graduate/professional school in spring 2008. You are
also welcome to nominate yourself. The application
must include answers to the following questions as well as
any other supporting data:
- The student’s name, school, and area of
- What is the project? (Be specific! What will
you do? Who does it help? Why is it important?
How is it innovative?)
- How will the project make an impact on
gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and/or transgenders?
- What is the time frame for getting this project
up and running?
- How will the student’s project be
rounded up all that information, send it to [email protected],
where you may also send any questions or comments.
Please put "Graduates" in the subject line.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'