Patrick Schwarzenegger Joins Gaga's Born This Way Foundation
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 18 2012 12:08 PM ET
Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation, created to raise public awareness about the need for acceptance of others, has found a strong new ally in Patrick Schwarzenegger.
The 18-year-old son of former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and activist-author Maria Shriver is teaming with Born This Way and Office Depot for their Back-to-School campaign, which will release limited edition school supplies to support the foundation's mission.
"I think Lady Gaga is fantastic," says the model-actor-entrpreneur. "I think her commitment to this foundation and to empower young woman and men and trying to spread a movement and spread kindness...she's trying to end cruelty and bullying and hating. I think it's great what she's doing."
Gaga officially launched the foundation in February at Harvard University. “I want it to be part of the natural fabric of schooling, so that someone knows that it is not OK to be intolerant of your children, it is not OK to be unaccepting, it is not OK to be violent because you don’t understand,” She said at the time. “If you teach your kids to love everyone, hopefully that will, over time, branch out.”
Watch Schwarzenegger discuss the foundation below.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Education Theological School Grads Show Support With Rainbow Tassels 2 hours 5 min ago
- Technology Want the Worst? Search for 'Gayest' 2 hours 35 min ago
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 7:58 PM
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:48 PM
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 7:32 PM
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 7:00 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 6:27 PM