Patrick Schwarzenegger Joins Gaga's Born This Way Foundation
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 18 2012 11:08 AM ET
Lady Gaga's Born This Way Foundation, created to raise public awareness about the need for acceptance of others, has found a strong new ally in Patrick Schwarzenegger.
The 18-year-old son of former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and activist-author Maria Shriver is teaming with Born This Way and Office Depot for their Back-to-School campaign, which will release limited edition school supplies to support the foundation's mission.
"I think Lady Gaga is fantastic," says the model-actor-entrpreneur. "I think her commitment to this foundation and to empower young woman and men and trying to spread a movement and spread kindness...she's trying to end cruelty and bullying and hating. I think it's great what she's doing."
Gaga officially launched the foundation in February at Harvard University. “I want it to be part of the natural fabric of schooling, so that someone knows that it is not OK to be intolerant of your children, it is not OK to be unaccepting, it is not OK to be violent because you don’t understand,” She said at the time. “If you teach your kids to love everyone, hopefully that will, over time, branch out.”
Watch Schwarzenegger discuss the foundation below.
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 20 min 33 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 52 min 39 sec ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 1 hour 1 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 1 hour 18 min ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 1 hour 18 min ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 2 hours 2 sec ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 4:28 PM