WATCH: Dan Savage Says Tony Perkins 'Sits on a Pile of Dead Gay Kids'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 02 2012 6:08 PM ET
Dan Savage, author, activist, and founder of the It Gets Better Project, last week told a group of students at Winona State University in Minnesota that Tony Perkins, president of the antigay Family Research Council, "sits on a pile of dead gay kids every day when he goes to work."
The outspoken columnist launched into a tirade about the hate-group president, arguing that "Tony Perkins tells the parents of queer kids to do what Tony Perkins damn well knows drives those kids to suicide."
"Why would someone who calls themself a Christian do that?" Savage asked the crowd before answering his own question. "Because every dead gay kid is a victory for the Family Research Council."
Other notoriously antigay personalities didn't manage to escape Savage's criticisms, including Minnesota congresswoman and former GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann.
"We will always have ignorant dicks like Michele Bachmann and her faggot husband," said Savage.
No stranger to controversial speech, Savage drew criticism from conservative pundits in April when he told a gathering of high school journalists, "We can learn to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about gay people." Several students walked out of the lecture in protest.
The edited video below was posted by CampusReform.org, which says it is "designed to provide conservative activists with the resources, networking capabilities, and skills they need to revolutionize the struggle against leftist bias and abuse on college campuses."
- Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License
- Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful Christmas Lights
- WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member 7:00 AM
- World News PHOTOS: Don't Miss the Message in Rome's Beautiful New Lights 1:47 AM
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under December 07 2013 3:33 PM