WATCH: Dan Savage Says Tony Perkins 'Sits on a Pile of Dead Gay Kids'
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 02 2012 7:08 PM ET
Dan Savage, author, activist, and founder of the It Gets Better Project, last week told a group of students at Winona State University in Minnesota that Tony Perkins, president of the antigay Family Research Council, "sits on a pile of dead gay kids every day when he goes to work."
The outspoken columnist launched into a tirade about the hate-group president, arguing that "Tony Perkins tells the parents of queer kids to do what Tony Perkins damn well knows drives those kids to suicide."
"Why would someone who calls themself a Christian do that?" Savage asked the crowd before answering his own question. "Because every dead gay kid is a victory for the Family Research Council."
Other notoriously antigay personalities didn't manage to escape Savage's criticisms, including Minnesota congresswoman and former GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann.
"We will always have ignorant dicks like Michele Bachmann and her faggot husband," said Savage.
No stranger to controversial speech, Savage drew criticism from conservative pundits in April when he told a gathering of high school journalists, "We can learn to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about gay people." Several students walked out of the lecture in protest.
The edited video below was posted by CampusReform.org, which says it is "designed to provide conservative activists with the resources, networking capabilities, and skills they need to revolutionize the struggle against leftist bias and abuse on college campuses."
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- The A-List Interview: Chris O'Dowd
- Pet Shop Boys Remix Irish Drag Queen's Powerful Speech Against Homophobia
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination 28 min 26 sec ago
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians 1 hour 4 min ago
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag 2 hours 11 min ago
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem 2 hours 18 min ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist 2 hours 21 min ago
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! 6:22 PM
- Politics Lesbian Couple Sues Neighbors for Bias 6:08 PM