WATCH: GLSEN Responds To Antigay Attacks on Day of Silence
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 12 2013 6:55 PM ET
On Wednesday, conservative pundit Linda Harvey, of antigay organization Mission: America launched a verbal attack against the Day of Silence, an advocacy campaign coordinated by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. She claims the event, occurring this year on April 19, when students pledge to not speak for a day to bring awareness to how LGBT people are silenced, is just another trumped-up play for victimhood by the "homosexual lobby."
Well, GLSEN has a few words for Harvey, beginning with the title of its new video: "Whose side are you on?"
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- This Is How Every Parent Should Respond After Their 13-Year-Old Comes Out
- Throwback Thursday: Richard Simmons Gets Inappropriate on Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- Op-ed: No One Is Invincible
- After Elimination: Vivacious of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 6
- From The Archives: The Groovy Guy, '69
- Travel Destination of the Week: Denmark 49 min 10 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Daughter Teaches Mom Lesbian Slang 1 hour 2 min ago
- Women What do the OINTB Season 2 Promo Pics Mean for the Ladies of Litchfield? 1 hour 15 min ago
- Women BREAKING: Father of Murdered Texas Lesbian Arrested 1 hour 56 min ago
- Travel Directors, Reality Housewives and the Sad Story of WeHo's 'Death Corner' 2 hours 56 min ago
- Politics Michigan's First Out Federal Judge Confirmed 4:34 PM
- Arts & Entertainment Model Andrej Pejic Shouts: 'I'm a Boy and I'm a Girl!' 4:25 PM