WATCH: GLSEN Responds To Antigay Attacks on Day of Silence
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 12 2013 6:55 PM ET
On Wednesday, conservative pundit Linda Harvey, of antigay organization Mission: America launched a verbal attack against the Day of Silence, an advocacy campaign coordinated by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. She claims the event, occurring this year on April 19, when students pledge to not speak for a day to bring awareness to how LGBT people are silenced, is just another trumped-up play for victimhood by the "homosexual lobby."
Well, GLSEN has a few words for Harvey, beginning with the title of its new video: "Whose side are you on?"
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'