WATCH: GLSEN Responds To Antigay Attacks on Day of Silence
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 12 2013 6:55 PM ET
On Wednesday, conservative pundit Linda Harvey, of antigay organization Mission: America launched a verbal attack against the Day of Silence, an advocacy campaign coordinated by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. She claims the event, occurring this year on April 19, when students pledge to not speak for a day to bring awareness to how LGBT people are silenced, is just another trumped-up play for victimhood by the "homosexual lobby."
Well, GLSEN has a few words for Harvey, beginning with the title of its new video: "Whose side are you on?"
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Brokeback Mountain: The 10th Anniversary of a Gay Classic
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Members of Congress to Antigay Nations' Diplomats: Leave Your Spouse Home