WATCH: GLSEN Responds To Antigay Attacks on Day of Silence
BY Sunnivie Brydum
April 12 2013 6:55 PM ET
On Wednesday, conservative pundit Linda Harvey, of antigay organization Mission: America launched a verbal attack against the Day of Silence, an advocacy campaign coordinated by the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. She claims the event, occurring this year on April 19, when students pledge to not speak for a day to bring awareness to how LGBT people are silenced, is just another trumped-up play for victimhood by the "homosexual lobby."
Well, GLSEN has a few words for Harvey, beginning with the title of its new video: "Whose side are you on?"
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs