Trans Documentary Just Gender Launches Nationwide Screening Series
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 03 2014 4:21 PM ET
A new documentary directed by George Zuber and narrated by Emmy award-winner Bebe Neuwirth aims to highlight and counter antitransgender discrimination through education. Titled Just Gender, the film embraces a variety of techniques, including personal accounts, and a look at the trans rights movement from a historical perspective.
Less than 10 percent of Americans know someone who is transgender. Just Gender seeks to put a face to the often abstract idea that many associate with the word "transgender," focusing on the various experiences and challenges many trans people face regularly.
The film will be screened across the country, making its way to 18 cities, beginning June 3 in Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. More info, including screening details and dates, can be found at the film's website.
Watch the trailer below:
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- He Went There: Antigay Judge Roy Moore Compares Marriage Equality to Holocaust
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers