Trans Documentary Just Gender Launches Nationwide Screening Series
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 03 2014 4:21 PM ET
A new documentary directed by George Zuber and narrated by Emmy award-winner Bebe Neuwirth aims to highlight and counter antitransgender discrimination through education. Titled Just Gender, the film embraces a variety of techniques, including personal accounts, and a look at the trans rights movement from a historical perspective.
Less than 10 percent of Americans know someone who is transgender. Just Gender seeks to put a face to the often abstract idea that many associate with the word "transgender," focusing on the various experiences and challenges many trans people face regularly.
The film will be screened across the country, making its way to 18 cities, beginning June 3 in Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. More info, including screening details and dates, can be found at the film's website.
Watch the trailer below:
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- GLAAD Issues Record Number of 'Excellent' Ratings for TV Networks
- Book Claims Comedian Andy Kaufman Still Lives, Possibly Bisexual