Trans Documentary Just Gender Launches Nationwide Screening Series
BY Parker Marie Molloy
June 03 2014 4:21 PM ET
A new documentary directed by George Zuber and narrated by Emmy award-winner Bebe Neuwirth aims to highlight and counter antitransgender discrimination through education. Titled Just Gender, the film embraces a variety of techniques, including personal accounts, and a look at the trans rights movement from a historical perspective.
Less than 10 percent of Americans know someone who is transgender. Just Gender seeks to put a face to the often abstract idea that many associate with the word "transgender," focusing on the various experiences and challenges many trans people face regularly.
The film will be screened across the country, making its way to 18 cities, beginning June 3 in Chicago, Dallas, Philadelphia, and Washington, D.C. More info, including screening details and dates, can be found at the film's website.
Watch the trailer below:
- Donald Trump Takes a Day to Get Up to Speed on Kim Davis
- Westboro Baptist Joins the Anti-Kim Davis Bandwagon But the Reason May Surprise You
- Meet the Trans Man and Pansexual Woman Married by Kentucky Clerk Kim Davis
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation
- WATCH: Steve Grand Is Going to Be This Marine's Date to Marine Ball
- Op-ed: It Doesn't Matter How Many Times Kim Davis Was Wed