Artist Spotlight: Exterface
BY Albert Smith
April 24 2010 4:35 AM ET
Why are you photographers?
We felt the need to express ourselves visually and give life to our spiritual visions, between eroticism and poetry.
What catches your eye?
Sexiness, charm, and purity ,which define our conception of beauty.
How do you choose your subjects?
Subjects inspire models, and models inspire subjects. They all come from inspirations, discussions, fascinations.
How do you describe your work?
We're inspired by advertising, by desire, and by life itself. We create an iconography which is a crossover between beauty and indecency, which expresses an interior duality. Through heady scenes and vivid colors, we lead our models to reveal their deepest mysteries and finest fantasies. Human isn't a human anymore; human becomes an indecent, timeless, videogenic creature. With a cinematic approach, our series tells a story as a fresco where the plot is all not what it seems. We invite people to attend a performance where the model seems palpable yet somehow unreal.
What makes a good photograph to you?
The perfect combination: emotion, composition, and aestheticism.
Who are your favorite artists? And why?
To work with generous, passionate, and talented people, it's the best way to be inspired and create without limits. To mention a few as influences: Tom of Finland, Steven Klein, Tim Walker, Bruce Weber, François Rousseau ...
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Abby Wambach on Winning, her Wife, and the Elusive World Cup