The Men of Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 18 2011 4:00 PM ET
More than two dozen male models have joined forces with noted artist Shepard Fairey, signing his "Defend Equality, Love Unites" poster, which will be auctioned off to benefit the fight for marriage equality.
The men are all represented by Nous Model Management in Los Angeles. Men's Division director David Todd spearheaded the partnership with FAIR, the grassroots marriage equality group that has been overseeing the long-running poster project. The models join the more than 100 celebrities who have signed posters by Fairey in support of gay rights.
FAIR will be presenting a gallery show in early summer, the proceeds from which will be used to underwrite grants to support under-funded activists and organizations who are advancing the marriage equality movement in California and beyond.
Take a look at some of the men who've signed on to fight the antigay forces, and learn more about them on Nous Models Men's blog.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People