IMAGES: Head to Bent-Con for the Geekiest Gay Art
BY Christopher Harrity
November 08 2013 5:00 AM ET
Bent-Con’s 2013 Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition is made up of artworks created by professional, emerging, and amateur artists alike, each celebrating all things geek.
Entries selected for their 2013 show will be juried by a panel of special convention “Gaylebrities” in various categories. The gallery also features hand-selected artworks from professional artists who have exhibited a commitment to Bent-Con’s vision of promoting and celebrating LGBT contributions in pop culture, sci-fi, horror, comics, fantasy, gaming, and geekdom.
In addition to the Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition, the Gallery Committee is partnering once again with renowned artist Miguel Angel Reyes of the Tom of Finland Foundation to host a series of cosplay figure drawing sessions throughout the convention aptly called Live Action Figure Draw sessions.
Convention doors open at 3 p.m. Friday at the Los Angeles Burbank Marriott Airport and Convention Center. The gallery reception starts at 7 p.m. The awards ceremony is scheduled for 4 p.m. Sunday
Click through for more entries in the Bent-Con Pop-Up Gallery Exhibition >>>
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Op-ed: In Boston, an Ugly St. Patrick's Day Tradition Continues
- Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 47 min 18 sec ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 1 hour 47 min ago
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 2 hours 48 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM