In the Galleries: Black & White Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 09 2014 4:00 AM ET
Rick Castro's Antebellum Gallery right off Hollywood Boulevard in the center of Hollywood does not flinch at much. Exhibits in the space require an over-21 ID and a cover charge. That allows them to put up some pretty crazy stuff on the walls — certainly more than a nice family website like ours can show.
So we present a small sampling of a few of the PG-rated pieces in the Antebellum's newest show "Black & White Pride, 2014: Sensual Interracial Relations," opening Saturday and continuing through August 18. The show includes artists Mountain Broady, Marc Littlejohn, Matt Pipes, Miguel Reyes, Ruben Esparza, Marc Debauch, and Copper as well as some of Rick Castro's work.
Check out the gallery's site for more information and see samples from the show below.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives