Flannel and Glitter
BY Christopher Harrity
September 03 2014 5:00 AM ET
Kick off Austin Pride Week September 13 as The Rawk Show, Romani Gallery, and Austin Pride present the second installment of "Flannel and Glitter," an exhibit featuring artwork from LGBT artists and allies, gay-themed art, and pieces from gay icons.
Special guests the Sideways Grimace, a Hedwig tribute band, will be performing selections from Hedwig and the Angry Inch as an acoustic duo.
Adore Delano by Magnus Hastings
Featured artists include Phyllis Diller, Jason Mecier, Willam Belli, Bruce LaBruce, Elizabeth McGrath, Austin Young, Gris Grimly, Phi Phi O'Hara, Jessicka Addams, John Renaud, Ana Bagayan, Heyd Fontenot, Alaska Thunderfuck, Ben Aqua, Jen Musatto, Miss Guy, Angus Oblong, Silky Shoemaker, Briar Bonifacio, Kevin Aviance, Deven Green, Lee Vanderpool, Nicky Click, TS Madison Hinton, Raja, Shaun Lee, Peaches Christ Carolyn Rue Gomard, Tim Kerr, Mystique Summers, Gery Henderson, Jamie Stewart (Xiu Xiu), Brian Grillo, Paige Dearman, James Huctwith, Dan Barry, Yara Sofia, Patricia 'Tan Mom' Krentcil, Grant Worth, Groovie Mann (Thrill Kill Kult), Edward Robin Coronel, Jose Guzman Colon, Serena Cha Cha, Theo Kogan, Kevin Parks Hauser, and "Gay Men Draw Vaginas" collected by Shannon O'Malley and Keith Wilson.
A portion of artwork sales will benefit the all-volunteer, nonprofit Austin Pride organization. This event is free to attend and runs through September 20. Visit TheRawkShow.com for more information.
Alaska Thunderfuck, Self-portrait
Alton and Michel by Ben Aqua
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Australian Trans Man Fires Back at Clerk Who Publicly 'Embarassed' Him
- Op-ed: They're Trans, They're Hispanic, and They've Changed This World
- WATCH: Supreme and Federal Courts Play Waiting Game on Marriage