Kathy Najimy Heads for Bear City
BY Trudy Ring
July 20 2012 5:39 PM ET
When actress Kathy Najimy was asked to be part of a film about gay bears, she wondered if park rangers were discriminating against them or if Yogi and Gentle Ben wanted to get married — or so she tells talk-show host Chelsea Handler.
Actually, Najimy knows the bear subculture pretty well, as she indicates in this Chelsea Lately clip discussing Bear City 2: The Proposal, which is having its world premiere tonight at 8:30 at Los Angeles’s John Anson Ford Amphitheatre as part of Outfest. She portrays the tart-tongued owner of a Provincetown bed-and-breakfast hosting an altar-bound New York bear couple and their friends.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant