Kathy Najimy Heads for Bear City
BY Trudy Ring
July 20 2012 5:39 PM ET
When actress Kathy Najimy was asked to be part of a film about gay bears, she wondered if park rangers were discriminating against them or if Yogi and Gentle Ben wanted to get married — or so she tells talk-show host Chelsea Handler.
Actually, Najimy knows the bear subculture pretty well, as she indicates in this Chelsea Lately clip discussing Bear City 2: The Proposal, which is having its world premiere tonight at 8:30 at Los Angeles’s John Anson Ford Amphitheatre as part of Outfest. She portrays the tart-tongued owner of a Provincetown bed-and-breakfast hosting an altar-bound New York bear couple and their friends.
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defends Marriage Equality Opposition, Wants Licenses Issued Online
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- WATCH: Ted Cruz, Glenn Beck Think Marriage Equality Has Destroyed the Constitution