Kathy Najimy Heads for Bear City
BY Trudy Ring
July 20 2012 5:39 PM ET
When actress Kathy Najimy was asked to be part of a film about gay bears, she wondered if park rangers were discriminating against them or if Yogi and Gentle Ben wanted to get married — or so she tells talk-show host Chelsea Handler.
Actually, Najimy knows the bear subculture pretty well, as she indicates in this Chelsea Lately clip discussing Bear City 2: The Proposal, which is having its world premiere tonight at 8:30 at Los Angeles’s John Anson Ford Amphitheatre as part of Outfest. She portrays the tart-tongued owner of a Provincetown bed-and-breakfast hosting an altar-bound New York bear couple and their friends.
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says