Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 6:00 AM ET
Memoirs tell the story of a person through their own lens, giving the reader access to the minds of others. In each of the nine books listed on the following pages, the author gives the reader an opportunity to understand his or her coming-out from a unique perspective — whether as gay or as a person emerging from their own shell.
Discover nine new memoirs exploring queer identity on the following pages, and find even more fascinating first-hand accounts of life, love, and lust, in this feature from the latest issue of The Advocate: The Way We Were — Queer memoirs that go far beyond the traditional coming-out narrative.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us