Nine More Must-Read LGBT Memoirs
BY Katie Wurtzel
September 23 2013 5:00 AM ET
Memoirs tell the story of a person through their own lens, giving the reader access to the minds of others. In each of the nine books listed on the following pages, the author gives the reader an opportunity to understand his or her coming-out from a unique perspective — whether as gay or as a person emerging from their own shell.
Discover nine new memoirs exploring queer identity on the following pages, and find even more fascinating first-hand accounts of life, love, and lust, in this feature from the latest issue of The Advocate: The Way We Were — Queer memoirs that go far beyond the traditional coming-out narrative.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Art on the Edge in a Warm Climate
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls