PHOTOS: Beautifully Bent in Burbank
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 13 2013 11:40 AM ET
On November 8th – 10th, Bent-Con rocked the Burbank Marriott Convention Center — its fourth annual celebration. A non-profit organization created in 2010, Bent-Con celebrates, encourages and appreciates the contributions of LGBTQ folks and allies to pop-culture and geekdom. Specifically, comic-books, gaming, sci-fi, fantasy, and horror mediums from artists, writers, creators, publishers, directors, actors, and producers that create works targeted directly to LGBTQ audiences and the larger realm of mainstream and underground pop-culture as a whole.
But it’s just easier to think of it like a Comic-Con, only gayer!
The attendance numbers on the 2013 event are still coming in, but since 2010, Bent-Con has continued to grow in attendance, from 500 to nearly 2500 at the 2012 celebration — proving that Bent-Con continues to be among the preeminent celebrations of LGBT geekdom and pop-culture.
See their Facebook page for even more images.
Click through for pictures of some of the fantastic participants. >>>
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?