Hot Sheet: Cruise, Shears, and Hate Crimes
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2010 5:40 AM ET
Knight and Day — Tom Cruise will either sink or swim in his latest attempt to prove his box office validity, an action-comedy in which he plays a secret agent who recruits the help of Cameron Diaz after he realizes he isn’t supposed to survive his latest mission. Reviews have been lukewarm, and tracking scores show audiences aren’t that into Cruise anymore. Still, for fluffy summer fare, it promises to deliver.
Grown Ups — Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider play 40-something shlubs with wives who are way too hot for them (Maria Bello, Salma Hayek) in this midlife crisis comedy taking place over a Fourth of July weekend getaway. If men with out-of-control egos are your cup of tea, line on up.
Out in the Silence — A harrowing account of an intensely personal battle waged by the mother of a popular 16-year-old boy who is brutally attacked for being gay at his small-town high school in Oil City, Pa. This compelling documentary premiered in New York June 21 at the Human Rights Watch Film Festival, and more screenings and PBS broadcasts are scheduled around the nation.
- Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination, Judge Rules
- WATCH: Pastor Rick Warren's Orwellian 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- In the Galleries: Transformer
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Travel Wedding Bells Ring Down Under 3:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Rick Warren's 'Doublespeak' on Marriage Equality 3:32 PM
- Entertainment News Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Score 7 Grammy Nominations 1:32 PM
- Marriage Equality Washington's Weddings Were 17 Percent Gay Last Year 8:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Colo. Bakery's Refusal to Bake Gay Wedding Cake Is Discrimination 7:00 AM
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 4:00 AM
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM