Roger Rees joins Frida cast
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 22 2001 1:00 AM ET
Roger Rees, who won a Tony for The Life and Adventures of Nicholas Nickleby and is best known to U.S. audiences for his TV appearances on Cheers and The West Wing, has joined the cast of Julie Taymors Frida. Variety reports that Rees will play Guillermo Kahlo, father of bisexual artist Frida Kahlo (to be played by Salma Hayek). Also committed to the cast are Antonio Banderas, Geoffrey Rush, Alfred Molina, Ashley Judd, and Edward Norton. Shooting is scheduled to begin in April in Mexico City.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Entertainment News Filmmaker Needs Help to Penetrate the South 14 min 22 sec ago
- Commentary NYC Hate Crimes: Why I'm Afraid for First Time in My Life 31 min 42 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 54 min 45 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 1 hour 48 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 56 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 2 hours 26 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 11:07 AM