Taylor Dayne makes Broadway debut in Aida
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
Singer Taylor Dayne makes her Broadway debut Tuesday when she joins the cast of Elton John and Tim Rices Aida in the role of Amneris, the Egyptian princess. Dayne made her stage debut in Mel Brookss production of archie and mehitabel at Town Hall. Dayne, who entered the international pop music scene in the late 1980s, is currently on Showtimes comedy series Rude Awakenings. Aida, directed by Robert Falls, features a Tony awardwinning score by out singer Elton John and lyrics by Tim Rice. Aida is the story of a love triangle between Aida, a Nubian princess forced into slavery; Amneris, an Egyptian princess; and Radames, the soldier they both love.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.