Taylor Dayne makes Broadway debut in Aida
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
Singer Taylor Dayne makes her Broadway debut Tuesday when she joins the cast of Elton John and Tim Rices Aida in the role of Amneris, the Egyptian princess. Dayne made her stage debut in Mel Brookss production of archie and mehitabel at Town Hall. Dayne, who entered the international pop music scene in the late 1980s, is currently on Showtimes comedy series Rude Awakenings. Aida, directed by Robert Falls, features a Tony awardwinning score by out singer Elton John and lyrics by Tim Rice. Aida is the story of a love triangle between Aida, a Nubian princess forced into slavery; Amneris, an Egyptian princess; and Radames, the soldier they both love.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover