Taylor Dayne makes Broadway debut in Aida
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 27 2001 12:00 AM ET
Singer Taylor Dayne makes her Broadway debut Tuesday when she joins the cast of Elton John and Tim Rices Aida in the role of Amneris, the Egyptian princess. Dayne made her stage debut in Mel Brookss production of archie and mehitabel at Town Hall. Dayne, who entered the international pop music scene in the late 1980s, is currently on Showtimes comedy series Rude Awakenings. Aida, directed by Robert Falls, features a Tony awardwinning score by out singer Elton John and lyrics by Tim Rice. Aida is the story of a love triangle between Aida, a Nubian princess forced into slavery; Amneris, an Egyptian princess; and Radames, the soldier they both love.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View