Taylor Dayne makes Broadway debut in Aida
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
Singer Taylor Dayne makes her Broadway debut Tuesday when she joins the cast of Elton John and Tim Rices Aida in the role of Amneris, the Egyptian princess. Dayne made her stage debut in Mel Brookss production of archie and mehitabel at Town Hall. Dayne, who entered the international pop music scene in the late 1980s, is currently on Showtimes comedy series Rude Awakenings. Aida, directed by Robert Falls, features a Tony awardwinning score by out singer Elton John and lyrics by Tim Rice. Aida is the story of a love triangle between Aida, a Nubian princess forced into slavery; Amneris, an Egyptian princess; and Radames, the soldier they both love.
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program