Grant, Scott make E! list of great Hollywood affairs
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 27 2001 1:00 AM ET
E! Online, in compiling its list of the 12 great Hollywood love affairs of the past 100 years, put the alleged relationship between leading man Cary Grant and impossibly handsome actor Randolph Scott at number 9. Though evidence of their bond is circumstantial, it is admittedly curious that the two men shared digs for 10 years, even before and after Grants 1934 marriage to Virginia Cherrill. They were known for their extremely cozy publicity shots, one of the most famous being the two of them playing with the dog as they dined together at the breakfast table. There was, of course, never any confirmation from either party, and when Hedda Hopper tried to pry into Grants life, she was simply told, My personal affairs are none of your goddamned business.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality