NYPD Blue introduces new gay character
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 02 2001 11:00 PM ET
Stepping in for the departing Lieutenant Fancy on NYPD Blue is a lesbian character who might become the permanent replacement for the head of the squad. Lt. Susan Dalto (played by Denise Crosby of Star Trek: The Next Generation fame) is a businesslike character who announces that, after going over with Fancy some perceived problems in the squad, she intends to run the place by the numbers, thus setting up a number of conflicts. Her lesbianism is being underplayed, and, interestingly, John, the other gay character on the show, doesnt like her at all. He claims to know her from GOAL, the gay police officers association, and threatens to quit if shes put in charge. NYPD Blue airs Tuesday nights at 10 p.m., Eastern/Pacific time, on ABC.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'