Stephen Gately threatens audience member
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 27 2001 11:00 PM ET
According to the British newspaper The Mirror, former Boyzone band member Stephen Gately, who made quite a stir when he came out at the height of the bands popularity, turned a bit threatening on a TV talk show. Gately was appearing on Channel 4s The Priory show when the host asked about his boyfriend, Eloy De Jong. Gately replied, Eloys very well. I left him at home this morning minding our two dogs and the cat. This brought an unkind giggle from an audience member, which provoked Gately to turn and say, Stop laughing, or Ill punch your head in. Though the host made light of the situation, Gately reportedly remained visibly irritated with the heckler.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View