Stephen Gately threatens audience member
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 28 2001 12:00 AM ET
According to the British newspaper The Mirror, former Boyzone band member Stephen Gately, who made quite a stir when he came out at the height of the bands popularity, turned a bit threatening on a TV talk show. Gately was appearing on Channel 4s The Priory show when the host asked about his boyfriend, Eloy De Jong. Gately replied, Eloys very well. I left him at home this morning minding our two dogs and the cat. This brought an unkind giggle from an audience member, which provoked Gately to turn and say, Stop laughing, or Ill punch your head in. Though the host made light of the situation, Gately reportedly remained visibly irritated with the heckler.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'