Eminem to make acting debut in feature film
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 01 2001 12:00 AM ET
Rapper Eminem, perhaps as well-known for the controversy aroused by his homophobic and misogynistic lyrics as he is for his music, has been signed to star in a film being directed by Curtis Hanson (Wonder Boys, L.A. Confidential), according to Reuters. Hanson seems to have no concern that the performers notoriety or lack of acting experience will be a hindrance. He was quoted in Variety as saying, Working with actors is what I like best about directing, and Eminem is an extraordinarily gifted artist, one whos already shown an ability to project personas and identities. The film, about a troubled youth from Detroit who finds his voice through hip-hop, is being scripted by Scott Silver, the writer-director of the gay hustler indie johns as well as The Mod Squad.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 39 min 51 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 44 min 14 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 15 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 18 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 2 hours 40 min ago
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 2 hours 44 min ago
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM