Bernadette Peters gives first on-screen lesbian smooch
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
Bernadette Peters (Annie Get Your Gun) has just finished filming the Showtime film Bobbies Girl in which she plays a lesbian, according to the New York Daily News. The movie, which was shot in Ireland, gave Peters her first opportunity to play a gay woman, an experience she found very fulfilling. Her love interest in the film is played by the sultry Rachel Ward (The Thorn Birds), and Peters discovered that kissing Ward was the same as kissing a man. How Ward or Peterss husband, Michael Wittenberg, feel about this comparison is as yet unknown.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House