A&E announces The Sandra Bernhard Experience
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 15 2001 12:00 AM ET
The A&E Network has announced that it will be airing The Sandra Bernhard Experience, a weeklong series of late-night talk shows hosted by the omnisexual comedian-singer-actress. The format will not include the things the public expects from talk shows, such as an audience and canned conversations about upcoming celebrity projects. Bernhard intends to let the guests discuss whatever they feel like. For her part, Bernhard will be providing her take on fashion, music, celebrities, style, and culture. Senior vice president of programming for A&E, Allen Sabinson, says, The A&E audience and the world may not need another talk-show, but then, again, Sandra Bernhard is not your typical talk show host. The show is scheduled to air during the third quarter of 2001.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'