Cartoon Networks Adult Swim to tackle Johnny Quest-ion
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Cartoon Network will begin airing Adult Swim, a late-night block of programming aimed at a more mature audience, on September 2, according to FOXNews.com. Many of the characters from the audiences childhood will be brought back, primarily as guest stars on the courtroom drama Harvey Birdman, and will reveal aspects of their lives that may not have been mentioned during their Saturday morning careers. The premiere episode will feature Dr. Benton Quest suing his strapping companion, Race Bannon, for custody of Johnny Quest. While the relationship between the men is not clearly delineated, the implication is that the two were having off-screen adventures in that curiously female-free Quest universe. Whether Johnnys Indian companion, Hadji, figures into the suit is not known. Future episodes will feature Scooby Doos Shaggy being hauled in for the vague charge of possession and Yogi Bear and Boo Boo facing charges of sending picnic baskets loaded with bombs to corporate heads.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers