New Yorks Madame Tussauds offers gay pride photo ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2001 12:00 AM ET
Madame Tussauds New York, located in Times Square, notes that its no velvet ropes policy lends itself to the opportunity for visitors to be photographed with the lifelike images of many out and proud celebrities such as Elton John, RuPaul, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Martina Navratilova. The attraction also features the images of many gay icons: Madonna in her cone bra, Diana Ross in her Supremes days, and Brad Pitt in an intriguing tableau the press kit describes as await[ing] kisses from his many admirers. For more information, visit the museum Web site at madame-tussauds.com.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- WATCH: Trans Advocate Brynn Tannehill's Powerful Advice on Anger, Allies
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.