New Yorks Madame Tussauds offers gay pride photo ops
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 19 2001 11:00 PM ET
Madame Tussauds New York, located in Times Square, notes that its no velvet ropes policy lends itself to the opportunity for visitors to be photographed with the lifelike images of many out and proud celebrities such as Elton John, RuPaul, Jean Paul Gaultier, and Martina Navratilova. The attraction also features the images of many gay icons: Madonna in her cone bra, Diana Ross in her Supremes days, and Brad Pitt in an intriguing tableau the press kit describes as await[ing] kisses from his many admirers. For more information, visit the museum Web site at madame-tussauds.com.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas