The Music Man filming without Sarah Jessica Parker
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 28 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out television producers Neil Meron and Craig Zadan have announced that Sex and the Citys Sarah Jessica Parker will not be partnered with her husband, Matthew Broderick, when he stars in the ABC production of The Music Man, according to syndicated columnists Marilyn Beck and Stacy Jenel Smith. Meron said, It would seem to be a perfect fit, but, no, thats not going to happen. Other than Broderick as Prof. Harold Hill, there has as yet been no casting finalized on the project. Once The Music Man has wrapped, the production team is set to produce Mame, a project that at one time was going to be coproduced with Barbra Streisands company. Streisand has decided not to star in the musical, and Meron says the strongest contender right now is Cher, though these are very, very tricky things to put together. Meron and Zadan are also set to start filming their production of The Wiz in the fall.
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide