A New You premieres at L.A.'s Celebration Theatre
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 29 2001 12:00 AM ET
The lesbian coming-of-age story A New You premieres Friday, June 29, at the Celebration Theatre near West Hollywood. The story concerns a young girls developing crush on a schoolmate as well as her troubled home life with her single mother. This will be the first lesbian play Celebration has done in three years, and artistic director Derek Livingston says he is delighted for the opportunity of showcasing such good work. He notes that he is equally pleased that it is a story of a young womans coming-out. Most lesbian-themed work is about adult women; a young girls journey into her sexuality is a welcome addition to our community. The show will run through July 29. The Celebration Theatre is located at 7051B Santa Monica Blvd. For further information, call (310) 289-2999.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf