House Beautiful keeps up appearances
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
The July issue of House Beautiful magazine features the Water Mill home shared by Ralph Lauren vice president of design Bob Andrews and pediatrician Peter Vaccaro. According to Metronewyork.com, however, the inside image of the master bedroom was cleaned up just a bit. In the cover shot of the bedroom one can see a lettered sweatshirt along with books of the works of photographer Herb Ritts and homoerotic artist Tom of Finland. In the shot that runs with the article, however, the lettering on the sweatshirt and the book spines has mysteriously vanished. A representative for the magazine would only say, They take out what they dont like to make the picture more pleasant, though why this bit of cosmetic housecleaning wasnt done on the cover is not clear.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'