House Beautiful keeps up appearances
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
The July issue of House Beautiful magazine features the Water Mill home shared by Ralph Lauren vice president of design Bob Andrews and pediatrician Peter Vaccaro. According to Metronewyork.com, however, the inside image of the master bedroom was cleaned up just a bit. In the cover shot of the bedroom one can see a lettered sweatshirt along with books of the works of photographer Herb Ritts and homoerotic artist Tom of Finland. In the shot that runs with the article, however, the lettering on the sweatshirt and the book spines has mysteriously vanished. A representative for the magazine would only say, They take out what they dont like to make the picture more pleasant, though why this bit of cosmetic housecleaning wasnt done on the cover is not clear.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.