House Beautiful keeps up appearances
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2001 12:00 AM ET
The July issue of House Beautiful magazine features the Water Mill home shared by Ralph Lauren vice president of design Bob Andrews and pediatrician Peter Vaccaro. According to Metronewyork.com, however, the inside image of the master bedroom was cleaned up just a bit. In the cover shot of the bedroom one can see a lettered sweatshirt along with books of the works of photographer Herb Ritts and homoerotic artist Tom of Finland. In the shot that runs with the article, however, the lettering on the sweatshirt and the book spines has mysteriously vanished. A representative for the magazine would only say, They take out what they dont like to make the picture more pleasant, though why this bit of cosmetic housecleaning wasnt done on the cover is not clear.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women WATCH: Portia de Rossi Spills Ellen's Most Annoying Habit to Jennifer Aniston 3 min 48 sec ago
- Living Well Why Shacking Up Is Good For Your Health 9 min 51 sec ago
- Politics Schumer: The Reason We Excluded Gays Offers 'Little Comfort' 1 hour 5 min ago
- World News PHOTOS: Startling Response to Right-Winger's Suicide in Notre Dame 1 hour 35 min ago
- Crime Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence? 2 hours 27 min ago
- Film New Man Of Steel and Wolverine Trailers Debut 9:03 AM
- Travel Top 10 Ways to Score and Upgrade on Your Next Flight 8:27 AM