Doug Wright bears Bad News
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Quills writer Doug Wright is set to adapt Donald E. Westlake's comic crime novel Bad News for director Milos Forman (Amadeus, The People vs. Larry Flynt). Wright recently completed The Burial, a novel about a professional thief who gets involved in a grave-robbing scam. "Incredibly, it's almost a French farce," says Wright. "But instead of doors slamming, it's grave swapping, you know?" His new play, Unwrap Your Candy, opens off-Broadway on October 8.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- WATCH: Janet Mock Gives Oprah 'Ah-Ha' Moments About Gender
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon