Doug Wright bears Bad News
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Quills writer Doug Wright is set to adapt Donald E. Westlake's comic crime novel Bad News for director Milos Forman (Amadeus, The People vs. Larry Flynt). Wright recently completed The Burial, a novel about a professional thief who gets involved in a grave-robbing scam. "Incredibly, it's almost a French farce," says Wright. "But instead of doors slamming, it's grave swapping, you know?" His new play, Unwrap Your Candy, opens off-Broadway on October 8.
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- Why Are We Gay?
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid