Doug Wright bears Bad News
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that openly gay Quills writer Doug Wright is set to adapt Donald E. Westlake's comic crime novel Bad News for director Milos Forman (Amadeus, The People vs. Larry Flynt). Wright recently completed The Burial, a novel about a professional thief who gets involved in a grave-robbing scam. "Incredibly, it's almost a French farce," says Wright. "But instead of doors slamming, it's grave swapping, you know?" His new play, Unwrap Your Candy, opens off-Broadway on October 8.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination