Heche marries; 20/20 interview Wednesday
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 04 2001 11:00 PM ET
Anne Heche married her fiance, Coleman "Coley" Laffoon, on Saturday in Los Angeles. The private marriage ceremony--which took place at L.A.'s Paramour Villa--comes little more than a year after her split from her girlfriend of three years, Ellen DeGeneres, and less than a week before the release of her highly anticipated (and top-secret) autobiography, Call Me Crazy, for which Heche will shortly embark on a 10-city publicity tour. The book is due out Thursday, the day after Heche is scheduled to appear on the ABC newsmagazine program 20/20, in a 20-minute interview with host Barbara Walters. While the book reportedly includes but does not focus on Heche's relationship with DeGeneres, the Walters interview promises discussion of Heche's "love affair and split with Ellen DeGeneres," according to Liz Smith's syndicated column. The book, Smith hears, "will blow us away," although Smith herself has not yet read it. Heche, 32, met Laffoon, 27, in 2000 while she was making a video documentary on DeGeneres's return to stand-up comedy on a U.S. tour; Laffoon was an assistant cameraman on the documentary crew.
In addition to the book, Heche is working on developing a TV series for Warner Bros. Variety reports that Heche and writers Rob Greenberg (Frasier) and Les Firestein (The Drew Carey Show) are pitching networks on a half-hour sitcom about the urban exploits of a young woman who is forced to grow up. One network that won't be considering the show, which may include some fantasy elements, is CBS, out of deference to DeGeneres, whose The Ellen Show premieres on the network later this month.
- Comedy Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School 23 min 45 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: These Couples Prove Love Is Love 1 hour 23 min ago
- World News German President Will Boycott Sochi Olympics December 08 2013 3:16 PM
- Marriage Equality Gay Teacher Fired After Obtaining Marriage License December 08 2013 2:31 PM
- Comedy WATCH: Ellen and Portia Recreate Bound 2 December 08 2013 2:15 PM
- Music A Brief History of Macklemore's 'Same Love' December 08 2013 9:10 AM
- Transgender Gay, Trans Identities Don't Exist, Says Colo. School Board Member December 08 2013 7:00 AM