The Rev. Jerry Falwell to appear on Good Morning America to discuss controversial comments
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2001 12:00 AM ET
On Thursday, September 20, Diane Sawyer will interview the Rev. Jerry Falwell live on ABC News's Good Morning America, and Falwell will discuss comments he made last week on the Christian news program The 700 Club. After the September 11 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Falwell told 700 Club host Pat Robertson that "the pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and the lesbians" are partially to blame for the terrorism, although he apologized for the remarks following public outcry, including a statement from the White House that such accusations were "inappropriate." Good Morning America airs at 7 a.m. Eastern/Pacific (check local listings).
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet