Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid to star in new Todd Haynes film
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Todd Haynes (Velvet Goldmine, Safe) will return to the director's chair with Far From Heaven, starring Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Set in an American suburb in 1957, the film tells the story of an appearance-obsessed couple whose marriage unravels after the wife catches her husband sleeping with another man. As the husband sees a psychologist, the wife becomes close to--and eventually attracted to--her black gardener (who will be played by Dennis Haysbert). Christine Vachon's Killer Films is producing, and Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, and John Wells are attached as executive producers.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women