Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid to star in new Todd Haynes film
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Todd Haynes (Velvet Goldmine, Safe) will return to the director's chair with Far From Heaven, starring Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Set in an American suburb in 1957, the film tells the story of an appearance-obsessed couple whose marriage unravels after the wife catches her husband sleeping with another man. As the husband sees a psychologist, the wife becomes close to--and eventually attracted to--her black gardener (who will be played by Dennis Haysbert). Christine Vachon's Killer Films is producing, and Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, and John Wells are attached as executive producers.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- French Marriage Equality Opponent Commits Suicide at Notre Dame
- Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K.
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Mental Wellness Psychiatrists' Group Names First Out Gay Leader 1 hour 2 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Which Gay Celeb Has a Wizard of Oz Aquarium? 1 hour 6 min ago
- Women WATCH: Kathy Griffin Calls for Suze Orman for President! 2 hours 37 min ago
- Marriage Equality Marriage Equality Makes Progress in U.K. 2 hours 41 min ago
- Women PHOTOS: Stars Come Out for the LA Gay and Lesbian Center's 'An Evening with Women' 8:03 PM
- Video Meet the Delicious Diet Dr Pepper Dude 8:00 PM
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 6:34 PM