Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid to star in new Todd Haynes film
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Todd Haynes (Velvet Goldmine, Safe) will return to the director's chair with Far From Heaven, starring Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Set in an American suburb in 1957, the film tells the story of an appearance-obsessed couple whose marriage unravels after the wife catches her husband sleeping with another man. As the husband sees a psychologist, the wife becomes close to--and eventually attracted to--her black gardener (who will be played by Dennis Haysbert). Christine Vachon's Killer Films is producing, and Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, and John Wells are attached as executive producers.
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 56 min 17 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 1 hour 56 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 2 hours 41 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM