Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid to star in new Todd Haynes film
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 05 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out filmmaker Todd Haynes (Velvet Goldmine, Safe) will return to the director's chair with Far From Heaven, starring Julianne Moore and Dennis Quaid, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Set in an American suburb in 1957, the film tells the story of an appearance-obsessed couple whose marriage unravels after the wife catches her husband sleeping with another man. As the husband sees a psychologist, the wife becomes close to--and eventually attracted to--her black gardener (who will be played by Dennis Haysbert). Christine Vachon's Killer Films is producing, and Steven Soderbergh, George Clooney, and John Wells are attached as executive producers.
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- 15 Queer Documentaries That Helped Define Us
- Op-ed: How Laramie Finally Made Judy Shepard Proud