CBS chief stands behind The Ellen Show
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 09 2001 12:00 AM ET
She may not have gotten to host the Emmy Awards on Sunday night, but Ellen DeGeneres can rely on CBS to keep her new sitcom afloat. FoxNews.com reports that CBS Entertainment chief Les Moonves is committed to The Ellen Show and plans to stick with it, even though initial ratings have been moderate. Moonves has apparently told friends that he likes the show, likes DeGeneres, and wants to see The Ellen Show work.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Living Trans, From Iran to New York City
- Op-ed: What I Learned From My High School's Gay English Teacher
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism