Showtime's Resurrection Blvd. features coming-out episode
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
Showtime's Latino-themed series Resurrection Blvd. will air a new episode dealing with coming out, "Saliendo," on Tuesday, October 9, with reruns scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, and Saturday, October 13. In the episode, the Santiago family learns that one of its cousins, Tommy (played by Douglas Spain of Star Maps and But I'm a Cheerleader), is gay. The show's creator, Dennis Leoni, told the Los Angeles Times, "[Writer] Josh [Stern] was a little tentative about this because obviously network television has tackled this issue before, but we've never seen it from the Latino family perspective, where it can be a repulsive thing for a macho family." For more information, visit www.sho.com/resblvd.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- WATCH: NOM Thinks It Has a Future (At Least Until 2016)
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights