Showtime's Resurrection Blvd. features coming-out episode
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
Showtime's Latino-themed series Resurrection Blvd. will air a new episode dealing with coming out, "Saliendo," on Tuesday, October 9, with reruns scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, and Saturday, October 13. In the episode, the Santiago family learns that one of its cousins, Tommy (played by Douglas Spain of Star Maps and But I'm a Cheerleader), is gay. The show's creator, Dennis Leoni, told the Los Angeles Times, "[Writer] Josh [Stern] was a little tentative about this because obviously network television has tackled this issue before, but we've never seen it from the Latino family perspective, where it can be a repulsive thing for a macho family." For more information, visit www.sho.com/resblvd.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Mormon Missionary Positions