San Francisco hosts Lambda Literary Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
GLBT writers from around the country will descend upon San Francisco this weekend for the Lambda Literary Festival, which runs October 19-21 and will feature both aspiring and established writers. Highlights will include a performance by Tim Miller; a tribute to 1950s lesbian pulp fiction pioneer Ann Bannon; the presentation of the Violet Quill Award for the best new work of GLBT fiction; discussions hosted by such authors as Dorothy Allison, Felice Picano, Patricia Nell Warren, and Mark Wunderlich; a late-night erotica reading hosted by Tristan Taormino; a national GLBT poetry slam contest; and much more. For tickets and complete information, visit www.lambdalit.org.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Here's How You Can Celebrate Trans Pride on Facebook, Too!
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death