San Francisco hosts Lambda Literary Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 19 2001 12:00 AM ET
GLBT writers from around the country will descend upon San Francisco this weekend for the Lambda Literary Festival, which runs October 19-21 and will feature both aspiring and established writers. Highlights will include a performance by Tim Miller; a tribute to 1950s lesbian pulp fiction pioneer Ann Bannon; the presentation of the Violet Quill Award for the best new work of GLBT fiction; discussions hosted by such authors as Dorothy Allison, Felice Picano, Patricia Nell Warren, and Mark Wunderlich; a late-night erotica reading hosted by Tristan Taormino; a national GLBT poetry slam contest; and much more. For tickets and complete information, visit www.lambdalit.org.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room
- California Sen. Seeks Bar Review for Lawyer with ‘Kill the Gays’ Proposition