CBS goes the distance with The Ellen Show
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that fresh from her triumphant gig as host of the Emmy Awards, Ellen DeGeneres has received a full-season pickup from CBS for The Ellen Show. While the show remains CBS's lowest-rated series, the ratings did go up slightly last week for its first post-Emmy broadcast. The Ellen Show has been racking up positive reviews, and CBS executives are said to be pleased with the show's creative direction.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs