Experts agree: Lord of the Rings to rule Golden Globes
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2002 12:00 AM ET
Out journalist Tom O'Neil has assembled a group of expert pickers at his www.GoldDerby.com Web site, and The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring is considered a favorite to win Best Picture, Drama, over its closest competitor, A Beautiful Mind. (Ironically, Lord of the Rings stars out gay actor Sir Ian McKellen, while Mind has come under fire in the media for allegedly whitewashing the bisexuality of its subject, John Forbes Nash Jr.) Other predictions of the expert panel: Moulin Rouge over Shrek for Best Picture, Comedy/Musical; Robert Altman winning Best Director for Gosford Park; Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind for Best Actor, Drama; Sissy Spacek in In the Bedroom for Best Actress, Drama; Gene Hackman in The Royal Tenenbaums for Best Actor, Comedy/Musical; Nicole Kidman in Moulin Rouge for Best Actress, Comedy/Musical; and Memento for Best Screenplay.
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model