Nathan Lane's Producers replacement gets the hook
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
British actor Henry Goodman, hired to take over the role of Max Bialystock from out Tony-winner Nathan Lane in the Broadway hit The Producers, was fired after Sunday's matinee, reports Variety. Goodman had given just 30 performances in the role before the producers of The Producers elected to replace him. Brad Oscar, who stepped in previously during Lane's bouts with throat problems, is expected to take over the role permanently beginning with Tuesday's performance.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant