Nathan Lane's Producers replacement gets the hook
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2002 12:00 AM ET
British actor Henry Goodman, hired to take over the role of Max Bialystock from out Tony-winner Nathan Lane in the Broadway hit The Producers, was fired after Sunday's matinee, reports Variety. Goodman had given just 30 performances in the role before the producers of The Producers elected to replace him. Brad Oscar, who stepped in previously during Lane's bouts with throat problems, is expected to take over the role permanently beginning with Tuesday's performance.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs
- See Me: Derrick Cobb
- PHOTOS: Homeless LGBT Youth Become Visible
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'