Elton John concert for German school shooting victims raises 170,000 euros
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 29 2002 12:00 AM ET
Concerts and sports events have raised a total of 680,000 euros for victims of an April school shooting in Erfurt, Germany, and of that total, 170,000 euros ($166,000) came from a June rock concert performed by Elton John. Money was also raised through charity performances by Germany's national soccer and handball teams, with other donations coming from around Germany and abroad. Erfurt's Gutenberg High School, where a 19-year-old former student killed 13 teachers, two students, and a police officer, has been closed since the April 26 shooting but is scheduled to reopen in a year following comprehensive renovations.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Trans-Reality Blooms in Eden's Garden for Men of Color
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over