Venice Fest awards Moore for Far From Heaven
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 10 2002 12:00 AM ET
At the 59th Venice Film Festival Sunday night, Todd Haynes's tour de force '50s gay melodrama Far From Heaven won two awards, honoring Julianne Moore as best actress and Ed Lachman for his cinematography.
Moore, who was in Toronto for Sunday night's gala screening of Far From Heaven, sent a message via Lachman, who accepted the award on her behalf. "As an American actor, to receive this award from such an esteemed international festival is an incredible honor," she said. "I'm so thrilled."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- WATCH: Donald Trump Still Can't Explain His Marriage Equality Opposition
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe