Venice Fest awards Moore for Far From Heaven
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 09 2002 11:00 PM ET
At the 59th Venice Film Festival Sunday night, Todd Haynes's tour de force '50s gay melodrama Far From Heaven won two awards, honoring Julianne Moore as best actress and Ed Lachman for his cinematography.
Moore, who was in Toronto for Sunday night's gala screening of Far From Heaven, sent a message via Lachman, who accepted the award on her behalf. "As an American actor, to receive this award from such an esteemed international festival is an incredible honor," she said. "I'm so thrilled."
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 10 Great Graphic Novel Gifts 1 hour 30 min ago
- Parenting Baby Coming? Here Are the Top Baby Names of 2013 2 hours 14 min ago
- Year in Review Meet the People Fired for Being LGBT in 2013 5:30 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 12 Excellent Gifts for Those Who Indulge 4:19 AM
- Women WATCH: Gaga & Xtina's Amazing '70s-era Lesbian Duet of "Do What U Want!" 2:04 AM
- Year in Review The Big Ideas of 2013 12:47 AM
- Marriage Equality NOH8 Founders Adam Bouska & Jeff Parshley on Campaign's 5th Anniversary December 17 2013 9:23 PM