Venice Fest awards Moore for Far From Heaven
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 10 2002 12:00 AM ET
At the 59th Venice Film Festival Sunday night, Todd Haynes's tour de force '50s gay melodrama Far From Heaven won two awards, honoring Julianne Moore as best actress and Ed Lachman for his cinematography.
Moore, who was in Toronto for Sunday night's gala screening of Far From Heaven, sent a message via Lachman, who accepted the award on her behalf. "As an American actor, to receive this award from such an esteemed international festival is an incredible honor," she said. "I'm so thrilled."
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'