Venice Fest awards Moore for Far From Heaven
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 10 2002 12:00 AM ET
At the 59th Venice Film Festival Sunday night, Todd Haynes's tour de force '50s gay melodrama Far From Heaven won two awards, honoring Julianne Moore as best actress and Ed Lachman for his cinematography.
Moore, who was in Toronto for Sunday night's gala screening of Far From Heaven, sent a message via Lachman, who accepted the award on her behalf. "As an American actor, to receive this award from such an esteemed international festival is an incredible honor," she said. "I'm so thrilled."
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS What Do You Do When You Find Out You Have HIV? March 12 2014 7:06 PM