Venice Fest awards Moore for Far From Heaven
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 10 2002 12:00 AM ET
At the 59th Venice Film Festival Sunday night, Todd Haynes's tour de force '50s gay melodrama Far From Heaven won two awards, honoring Julianne Moore as best actress and Ed Lachman for his cinematography.
Moore, who was in Toronto for Sunday night's gala screening of Far From Heaven, sent a message via Lachman, who accepted the award on her behalf. "As an American actor, to receive this award from such an esteemed international festival is an incredible honor," she said. "I'm so thrilled."
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'