Venice Fest awards Moore for Far From Heaven
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 10 2002 12:00 AM ET
At the 59th Venice Film Festival Sunday night, Todd Haynes's tour de force '50s gay melodrama Far From Heaven won two awards, honoring Julianne Moore as best actress and Ed Lachman for his cinematography.
Moore, who was in Toronto for Sunday night's gala screening of Far From Heaven, sent a message via Lachman, who accepted the award on her behalf. "As an American actor, to receive this award from such an esteemed international festival is an incredible honor," she said. "I'm so thrilled."
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Italy: Restaurant Fires Server for Printing Antigay Slur on Check
- WATCH: Men Claim Mailman Won't Deliver Because They're Gay