Take Me Out may be headed for Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 20 2002 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the gay-themed baseball play Take Me Out may be headed for Broadway. Richard Greenberg's show about a major-league baseball player who comes out of the closet is currently running at New York's Public Theater, where it opened September 5 after a summer onstage in London. It is thought that the play may be moving to Broadway's Walter Kerr Theater, whose current engagement, Proof, is playing to 40.1% capacity audiences. A spokesman for the Public neither confirmed nor denied the report about Take Me Out.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb