Take Me Out may be headed for Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 19 2002 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that the gay-themed baseball play Take Me Out may be headed for Broadway. Richard Greenberg's show about a major-league baseball player who comes out of the closet is currently running at New York's Public Theater, where it opened September 5 after a summer onstage in London. It is thought that the play may be moving to Broadway's Walter Kerr Theater, whose current engagement, Proof, is playing to 40.1% capacity audiences. A spokesman for the Public neither confirmed nor denied the report about Take Me Out.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'