Fitzgerald and MacIvor honored at Atlantic Film Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gay filmmaker Thom Fitzgerald (The Hanging Garden, Beefcake) won the best direction and best Canadian feature prizes at the 22nd Atlantic Film Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for his new film, The Wild Dogs, reports indieWIRE.com. Out screenwriter Daniel MacIvor received the outstanding writer award for Marion Bridge. Also honored at the festival were Victoria King's White Thunder (the Rex Tasker Award for best documentary) and Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine (People's Choice Award).
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Op-ed: I Met My Best Friend on Grindr
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Op-ed: New Jersey's Most Antigay Teacher Shouldn't Have Her Job
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married