Fitzgerald and MacIvor honored at Atlantic Film Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 23 2002 11:00 PM ET
Gay filmmaker Thom Fitzgerald (The Hanging Garden, Beefcake) won the best direction and best Canadian feature prizes at the 22nd Atlantic Film Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for his new film, The Wild Dogs, reports indieWIRE.com. Out screenwriter Daniel MacIvor received the outstanding writer award for Marion Bridge. Also honored at the festival were Victoria King's White Thunder (the Rex Tasker Award for best documentary) and Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine (People's Choice Award).
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model