Fitzgerald and MacIvor honored at Atlantic Film Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gay filmmaker Thom Fitzgerald (The Hanging Garden, Beefcake) won the best direction and best Canadian feature prizes at the 22nd Atlantic Film Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for his new film, The Wild Dogs, reports indieWIRE.com. Out screenwriter Daniel MacIvor received the outstanding writer award for Marion Bridge. Also honored at the festival were Victoria King's White Thunder (the Rex Tasker Award for best documentary) and Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine (People's Choice Award).
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- PHOTOS: Love Is Love Continues Capturing Happy Couples
- ISIS Propaganda Claims Gays Are 'Pedophiles,' 'Animals'
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player