Fitzgerald and MacIvor honored at Atlantic Film Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Gay filmmaker Thom Fitzgerald (The Hanging Garden, Beefcake) won the best direction and best Canadian feature prizes at the 22nd Atlantic Film Festival in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for his new film, The Wild Dogs, reports indieWIRE.com. Out screenwriter Daniel MacIvor received the outstanding writer award for Marion Bridge. Also honored at the festival were Victoria King's White Thunder (the Rex Tasker Award for best documentary) and Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine (People's Choice Award).
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Australian Model Ruby Rose Comes Out as Gender Fluid