Miguel Piñero's Short Eyes returns to off Broadway
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 28 2002 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that bisexual playwright Miguel Piñero's Short Eyes will be revived off-Broadway in the fall, 30 years after its world premiere. Anone Pagan and Scott Morfee will produce the revival of the intense prison drama--which features pre-Oz portrayals of sexuality and brutality behind bars--based on Piñero's own experiences as a convict in Sing Sing prison in New York State. Benjamin Bratt portrayed Piñero in a 2001 biopic.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban