No more Sex and the City for HBO
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2003 12:00 AM ET
HBO announced Tuesday that the sixth season of the hit comedy Sex and the City would be the last, reports Variety. The show, which was created by out TV mogul Darren Star, will feature 20 episodes in its final season, set to begin shooting March 31 in New York City. Twelve of these episodes will air in June, and the final eight will begin airing in January 2004.
Perhaps taking the show's place will be a new series that HBO has hired Emmy-winning Sex writer Jenny Bicks to create. Good in Bed, based on the novel by Jennifer Weiner, deals with a size-16 28-year-old dealing with relationships, an annoying ex-boyfriend, a world built for size-2 women, and her dysfunctional family, which includes her mother, who has come out as a lesbian late in life. Talking about the lead character, Bicks said, "She's real and funny and smart--a Lane Bryant Mary Tyler Moore who's trying hard to make it. It's an amazing opportunity to put a real, fat woman on TV. We're not talking about someone who's 10 pounds overweight."
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM