For Better or for Worse will close shop in four years
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
Lynn Johnston tells the Seattle Times that she will pull the plug on her syndicated comic strip, For Better or for Worse, in four years, when her current contract with United Media expires. The serial courted controversy in the 1990s when one of its teenage characters, Lawrence, came out as gay, causing many newspapers to temporarily drop the strip. "I'm ready to wrap up the strip and end it, because all things come to an end," said Johnston, 55, who added that she wants to avoid dealing with production deadlines when she's in her 60s.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV