For Better or for Worse will close shop in four years
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
Lynn Johnston tells the Seattle Times that she will pull the plug on her syndicated comic strip, For Better or for Worse, in four years, when her current contract with United Media expires. The serial courted controversy in the 1990s when one of its teenage characters, Lawrence, came out as gay, causing many newspapers to temporarily drop the strip. "I'm ready to wrap up the strip and end it, because all things come to an end," said Johnston, 55, who added that she wants to avoid dealing with production deadlines when she's in her 60s.
- WATCH: Gay Couple Assaulted at Dallas BBQ in Chelsea
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Mic-Drop on Antigay GOP's 'Slim Chances' at White House
- Drag Race's Trixie Mattel: 'I Actually Thought I Would Win'
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- POLL: Americans Prefer Gay President to Evangelical or Tea Partier
- Op-ed: The Dire State of Louisiana LGBTs