For Better or for Worse will close shop in four years
BY Advocate.com Editors
February 20 2003 1:00 AM ET
Lynn Johnston tells the Seattle Times that she will pull the plug on her syndicated comic strip, For Better or for Worse, in four years, when her current contract with United Media expires. The serial courted controversy in the 1990s when one of its teenage characters, Lawrence, came out as gay, causing many newspapers to temporarily drop the strip. "I'm ready to wrap up the strip and end it, because all things come to an end," said Johnston, 55, who added that she wants to avoid dealing with production deadlines when she's in her 60s.
- Where in the World Are The Happiest Gay Men?
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Clemson University Fans Tell Football Coach to Punt Antigay Fundraiser
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland