Lambda Literary Awards to honor activist moms Judy Shepard and Betty DeGeneres
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 04 2003 1:00 AM ET
The Lambda Literary Foundation will honor Betty DeGeneres and Judy Shepard with the 2003 Bridgebuilder Award in recognition of their contributions to gay and lesbian literature and for their work on GLBT issues. "We are delighted to present the Bridgebuilder Award to Betty DeGeneres and Judy Shepard," said foundation director Jim Marks. "Both in tragedy and success, they have put a human face on the gay condition and reminded us that we are all part of one family." The Lambda Literary Awards will be presented in Los Angeles on Thursday, May 29.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?